Laser Hair Removal
Description of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal method uses diode laser rays. Hair is being irradiated with intensive pulse light while your skin is warmed up using RF waves. At the time of irradiation light energy goes into thermal energy. The heat is delivered directly into the hair follicles, causing them to overheat and ultimately lead to their destruction. This prevents the formation of new hair follicle. As a consequence hair within about 10 to 20 days fall out along with follicles.
Hair growth cycle plays a very important role while performing laser hair removal in Warsaw and Wroclaw. It consists of three phases. We all know that hair does not grow at the same time. Laser light removes only the hair in the growth phase (anagen). It does not affect hair in so called “sleeping” phase. Therefore, the laser hair removal treatment must be repeated couple of times in order to obtain a satisfactory effects. On average once in 4 to 6 weeks in a series of 4 to 8 treatments.
G-Light technology is safe, clinically proven, non-invasive and effective. It can be used both to larger parts of the body as well as sensitive areas like bikini line and face.
Diode laser device:
In our Studio we use diode laser Hi-Tech device. It has medical certificates of the European Union (CE) and FDA (U.S. Food & Drag Administration)
Preparing for the treatment:
Before you decide whether to remove your hair using diode laser, we strongly invite you to visit our studio to consult all details of the treatment and contraindications that you might have. Our consultation is free and takes approximately 15 minutes.
For approximately one month prior to the laser hair removal you should not:
- sunbath (sun, solarium, tanning): tanned skin absorbs a large amount of light energy. This may cause burns.
- remove your hair using wax, sugar paste or tweezers. These are treatments that really weakens the hair root. Laser treatment removes the hair follicles. Once it is destroyed waxing laser is not able to effectively prevent re-growth of hair
- Use creams with vitamin C, retinol or fruit acids
For about 2 weeks before laser hair removal you should not:
- perform exfoliating treatments;
For about 1 week before laser hair removal you should not:
- take photosensitizing drugs and herbs such as calendula, horsetail, pansy, St. John’s Wort
- consume juices of beta-carotene
- use self-tanning creams, lightening and perfumed products
- one day before surgery you should avoid contact with heavily chlorinated water (pool)
One day before the treatment you should:
- not use creams with UV filter
- shave the part of the body where laser hair removal will be carried out (preferably shave up to 3 days before the treatment)
Immediately prior to laser hair removal:
- Wash your skin,
- Do not use any creams, lotions, ointments or oil
- Do not drink alcohol on the day before the treatment
After the procedure:
- Within one month after laser hair removal protect your skin from the sun. Do not tan in the sun or in solarium;
- do not take drugs such as photosensitizing horsetail, calendula, St. John’s wort, pansy, some other (check drugs before adoption).
- use of steroids, cosmetics and drugs containing hormones during the last quarter
- sensitivity of the skin to sun, allergic to light
- skin diseases such as psoriasis, vitiligo
- epilepsy, diabetes
- skin cancer
- implants inside the body
- treatment with retinoids – should be discontinued 6 months prior to the treatment
- pregnancy, breast feeding